Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pulau Ketam : The Island Rediscovered

My first trip to Pulau Ketam a.k.a Crab Island was more than 7 years back.. But back then I still know nothing about photography and all i knew was that island was dirty.. small... crowded.. etc... Well.. I went back to explore that island last year with a bunch of photographer friends.. and after spending few hours there.. I was in love with the place.. The people.. The warm atmosphere of a small fishing village.. People there are friendly and sporting.. The most unique thing I have ever seen is that most of these people travel around the island by bikes.. In fact.. The thing I loved about this island is the 'old' and 'antique' atmosphere around this village.. There are many things that we may not be able to witness anymore in our daily lives and also in the town or cities that we're staying in right now...Many of us usually seem to forget this old vanishing heritage that we or our older generations used to practice..

Basically,I went back to that island again.. And this time.. only my close photographer friend - Uwei tagged along with me.. And inside me lives a mission.. The mission to capture a collection of photos showing the essence of people.. landscapes and not to forget the heritage that might vanish in time.....and most importantly.. The old antique feel of Pulau Ketam..

Wide World..

Curiosity
( This fella is actually trying to steal some nuts from the ice kacang stall nearby)

'Brader' hood..

Expressions..

Sisters...

Behind Bars..

Stressed Up..

She makes salted fish...

Cheeseeee!!

An old Workplace..

P/s: More pics will come..

No comments: